Sunday, January 5, 2014

Word for the Year


Happy New Year everyone! I know I'm a few days late, but the year has been off to a crazy start! In the past ten days I've been in seven states! I've celebrated my brothers 8th birthday and one of my most precious friend's wedding. Now I am crossing a few more states to make it back to Michigan where I will be for a couple weeks working on raising support for my new job with Calvary Church in State College, Pennsylvania. 


This year is my 4th year participating in "Word For The Year". The idea is that you pick a word to focus on between you and God. My first word was 'Delight' then 'Pursue' next 'Intentional' and this year my word is 'Greater'. I never know all that God has in store for me to learn when I pick the word at the beginning of the year, but it is always an adventure finding out.

This year I chose 'Greater'. Because God is greater. I often start to notice this challenging things around me and get my focus stuck on them. Things like: still adjusting to living in a new place, cancer, kids living without parents, trying to raise support for my job, people being homeless in this cold weather... But although all those things are struggles, God is greater and I should keep my focus on Him. Also this year I hope that God and my relationship continues to grow greater and greater. I'm excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment