Wednesday, August 15, 2012

12 days till take off!

That departure date is coming so soon!

To do list still includes:
  • packing
  • shopping
  • figuring out how many toiletries to bring for 9 months
  • saying a ton of goodbyes
  • figuring out and printing my itinerary 
  • figuring out a hotel and ride once I land in New Zealand
  • getting international insurance
  • getting a haircut 
  • getting a new title for my car...so I can then sell it
  • getting the right kind of adapters so I can plug stuff in over there
  • cleaning my room and getting rid of junk
  • finish the application for voting from there
  • finish healing from my wisdom tooth getting pulled
  • hang out with friends and family
  • and so much more!
The shopping list still includes:
  • a few more shirts (mostly long sleeved)
  • maybe one more pair of pants (if I have room)
  • new socks (mine won't last a year)
  • adapters
  • a comb (can't just steal my sister's anymore)
  • a blowdryer (same as above)
  • enough toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo... to last 9 months
  • CDs to store pictures on
  • snacks for the airplane ride =) 
  • make up and hair product 
Overall I'd say it's all coming together nicely! It's crazy, a little scary, and super exciting all mixed together. I will miss so many things here in America (mostly the people) but I know that 9 months isn't that long. And I have facebook, email and skype (find me if you have skype too... tanzanian.kiwi) Can't wait to share real travel adventures and exciting stories with you on here!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment