Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Camp - joys and struggles ;)

Jumpstart has been amazing so far! Currently the kids are in class which means I have some free time to prepare and relax. This week we have 14s, 15s, and one 16 year old here and there are 16 of them so it is crazy! But they are all super sweet and they're even starting to get used to us as their crazy leaders. =) Today one girl asked me why I had ever wanted dreads, I told her that I like them because they are big and crazy, and she said, "oh, like you!" Yes. Thank you, I will take that as a compliment I guess. 

But I do have one dilemma...it's something I have been struggling with all week actually. Let me tell you about it...

It's getting pretty cold here now (remember it's fall on this side of the world) and it gets down to freezing temps at night and we don't have central heating...we have a fire place. Anyway, in order to counter that cold I start the day off with a cup of tea before the fire is built. Then when Kelcey comes down she makes coffee and I have a cup of that too (camp leaders need their caffeine!)...at this point I am starting to warm up. Unfortunately, our bathroom is the coldest room in the whole house and drinking tea and coffee leads inevitably to a visit to the bathroom. Well, once I've been in the bathroom I'm cold all over again, and I have to go make a hot drink to warm up...you can guess what that leads to and how the cycle continues. It's really been a struggle for me. ;) 

Hehe, but really camp has been awesome! Keep the prayers coming, because we have another week after this one! 

1 comment:

  1. Jumpstart was AMAZING for me with you as my leader!!!

    (How do I follow this blog?)
    God bless you!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete