Thursday, September 27, 2012

Daily living...

Oh dear friends,

It's been a while and I'm sorry for that, but I am adjusting quiet well to this new life. Having only been at school for almost 2 weeks it is amazing how much I have learned, been stretched, convicted, and grown. I am ecstatic to see what else this year holds. 

This week our speaker's name was Werner (Verner). He is so good at holding your attention and making things clear. And it's adorable because he always uses pet names like, "you sweet precious ones" or "Shelby girl" or something like that. hahaha And he also somewhat resembles Mr. Bean

Let me tell you about the eating situation. For starters, the food is delicious! Our cook, Drea, does a wonderful job, so I can't explain it all to you, but I'll just tell you about yesterday. We had:
Breakfast
(hot chocolate during class)
Morning tea (with snacks)
(more tea during class)
Lunch
Afternoon tea (with snacks)
Tea (dinner) with dessert (we don't get dessert everyday)
There was no supper that night (that would be snacks at like Bible study or something) but we girls did have snacks later too! 

Some of the snacks we bought in town include these yummy rice cracker things (they have all different flavors), fruit vines (like a pack of fruit snacks but they are just one long 'vine', and chocolate bars are our favorite!

On Sunday I had some delicious ice cream from this little shop in town. It was lemon/passion fruit flavor! Oh...I definitely have to get more of that soon. 

The class schedule is 2 hours in the morning, pause for tea (but at tea time we either have devos, book club, singing, or prayer) then another hour of class. We have lunch and the afternoon off then after dinner we have class again from 7-9. 

It's a pretty wonderful life so far! Check out this sunrise out my window!


No comments:

Post a Comment