Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Visit To The Orphanage



I love the orphanage.
And I hate it.
I'm thankful for what it provides.
But I hate the reason it has to provide it.
Selfishly, I love how easy it is to steal these kids hearts.
But then part of me wishes they had a chance to be scared of me and run to their mom or dad.

It hurts to know the love and touch these kids beg for during the hour I am there is not nearly enough to truly comfort them. But I have to trust that our Heavenly Father know's what's up. He gave up His Son and has offered adoption to each of us. These kids remind us all of our need for protection, love, and saving grace! 

Since a picture is worth a thousand words I thought I'd tell about my time that way. (I hope you like it because it also takes about a thousand times longer to download!)


While there I saw many tears...
















Newborns...

















Kids in cribs...

 














Kids who wanted to be held...
















Kids with unmatching clothes and shoes...

















Kids who needed booboos kissed...

















Kids getting changed...
















Kids who were sleeping...

















Kids getting fed...

















I also saw many smiles...




















Beautiful smiles...



















Of kids who just needed to be noticed...

















And I got many hugs...
















Touch is huge for these kids...


















They cuddle right up to you...


















Or hang on you...




















I love you guys! I hope you've had a chance to love on someone today! Maybe they didn't show you quite so openly their desperate need for it, but I'm sure they appreciated you more than you know! 

2 comments:

  1. Break my heart for what breaks yours, Lord.
    Shelby these are beautiful--I get the love-hate relationship with orphanages! Wish I could take every single one of them home--thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Familiar faces... I love it Shelby.

    ReplyDelete