Monday, September 2, 2013

Hit by a Semi..Check!

Now some people like to call me adventurous, but I am starting to think that adventure just finds it's way to me! Let me give you an example:

This weekend I went to visit some awesome friends in Virginia. It was wonderful to spend some time with them again and catch up on their lives since it had been over a year since we had really hung out. Well this morning before I left my dear friend Erin prayed for my safety on the roads, and I'm glad she did.

It was a quiet drive…me and my GPS. I'm pretty sure my GPS took me on the scenic route since that's not the way we came in and I didn't get on a highway for a long time, but it was fun. Eventually I did get on a highway and at one point I had to get off and switch highways. Well, there were two lanes to exit to the right and you came to a stop light and so we waited. I was in the far right lane and a semi truck was next to me also turning right. When it was our turn to go we all started moving and the semi crossed over the line between us. (You know that feeling when they kind of lean towards you…that's what it felt like.) I thought he'd straighten out and get back in his lane, so I scooched as close to the guard rail as I could and kept going slowly. He kept getting closer. I got tense and tried to stop hoping he'd sneak in front of me. He kept scootching closer. I honked. He kept scootching closer. The car behind me saw it and honked. He kept scootching. Then BUMP! He hit me and luckily stopped. The whole thing only took a couple seconds, but it was crazy. Once he stopped I could go and get around him so I did. It was a really awkward place to try to pull over and chat with him, and I didn't want him to get fired or anything, so I just kept driving. I am fine. My car is fine…it has a little tiny dent in it which will always remind me of God's faithfulness and how He protected me from that semi.

I had never thought of putting "Get hit by a semi" on my 'bucket list' or 'adventure to do list', but I guess I could now and just have another thing to cross off! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment