Saturday, March 23, 2013

Top Take Away….so far

This week I was asked to share my "Top Take Away" from this past year at Capernwray. It's far from over (though each day comes all too soon and sadly it isn't as far as it was yesterday).
But to describe my top take away? That is a challenge. I spent the week reminiscing and pondering while also learning new things and working hard to apply them. 
  • I thought about the way I have finally discovered the freedom of forgiveness. Not the "forgiveness" of not bringing it up anymore or pretending it never hurt me, but the forgiveness that says I love you in spite of what you did, are doing and will do again. The forgiveness that I have received from Christ. The forgiveness that makes you want to truly bless your enemies and not just say those words to feel better about yourself. But that wasn't it.
  • I thought about all the facts I've learned. The way everything is so blatantly true when put to the test. I thought about how I understand the prophecies better, and can see the ones which have already come to fulfillment and which ones to still watch for. But that wasn't it.
  • I thought about the friends I've made and the lives I've watched grow right next to mine each day for so long. We are so very different from the day we entered this place, and yet we are still the same. These people that I will treasure always because they have pushed me, held me, motivated me, questioned me and inspired me. But that wasn't it.
  • I thought about the scripture I've memorized and the power in the Word of God. But that wasn't it.
  • I thought about the teachers we've had and the lives they have shared with us. The evidence that they live out each day that the reason for their hope is in Jesus Christ our Lord. These men who have experienced so much and explained things so well were still not it.
  • My "Top Take Away" from my time here at Capernwray must be this...I've come to realize that I am nothing. That it never has been and never will be about me. That the "glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col 1:27) has been made known to me. Christ is the reason for my hope and the reason for everything that I do. Better grasping the truth of Galatians 2:19-20 “...I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." It is all about Christ in you! The only reason for the limits in your life is the limitations you put on God. It is God in you that is so unstoppable, untiring, and amazing! If you are tired, stop and check, chances are whatever you are doing you are trying to do on your strength instead of God's. He will provide everything you need!

There are so many more truths I have learned and lessons I have applied to my heart, but if I start I'd probably never stop and it would be way too long of a blog post! I still find it funny how the 'good christian girl, the missionary kid, the one who loved God with all her heart' before coming to Bible school could fall so much more deeply in love with her Savior in the past few months, but I have. And here is my hope for you...never think you know God enough, love Him enough, or trust Him enough...keep growing closer to Him...it's amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment