Sunday, January 20, 2013

Serious Adventures!

Amy, Erica, and I lived out of a van for the past 12 days.

 This was my and Amy's bed in the back of the van.

And this was Erica's bed. See that cardboard box? It's way more than a cardboard box…it is also known as "The Life Source" and happened to be holding all the food we possessed. 

Our meals included: bread, peanut butter, wheatbix bites, bananas, and apples mostly.

While PB&J in a banana is yummy…it is also quite messy and therefore we cannot highly recommend it.

And our other staple was 60c ice cream cones from McDonalds!


In this picture we are on the very tippy top of New Zealand at Cape Reinga. Behind us you see the Tasman Sea on the left and the Pacific Ocean on the right!

Me in the Tasman Sea on 90 Mile Beach!

Up on Mt. Ruapehu. The tallest one on the North Island. We saw snow and wandered where parts of The Lord of the Rings was filmed.

We even passed by Hell's Gate!

This was one of our bathroom stops - and the coolest bathroom we stopped in, so we took a picture!

 Mt. Doom from the Lord of the Rings

I'm in this picture…but I'm hard to find…don't worry, I was careful out there!

We tried to ride the biggest bike I've ever seen!

Went on several tramps and even swung on vines!

We made new friends…Rod and Leith were amazing people that took us in!

"Taupo Dave" was another very nice guy we met who took us in and fed us!

 
I can't remember all their names, but these were some of the hitchhikers we picked up…they were from Germany.

A cool spot in the Hamilton Gardens

 
Bilbo Baggins' door!

Samwise Gamgee's Door! 

What fun we had!

And after only washing my hair twice in 30 days of break I got it chopped off!

I'm thinking a crazy hair change for each term…1st term was dreads. 2nd term is short hair. So all of you be thinking…I'll take advice when it comes to my 3rd term hair style!

We go back to school tomorrow, but I'm sure the adventures will continue. I'll try to keep you all posted on here! Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment